Senior Pre-Sales Solutions Engineer
Location: Anywhere in the United States
Agile Stacks is a rapidly growing cloud automation startup. Our mission is to provide companies with certified stacks of component technology automated to be secure, reliable, maintained and supported. We are looking for skilled pre-sales cloud professionals to work with our prospective customers and partner with our sales professionals. If you like to live to the fullest, passionate about technology, enjoy camaraderie, and have a work-hard-play-hard mentality, we warmly welcome you to reach out to us and join our team.
In short, we are looking for someone that can help us build and grow in the exciting world of Kubernetes. If you do not want to work hard and challenge yourself to be amazing, then you may not want to apply.
- Demonstrating our products to prospective customers
- Helping customers through their product evaluation efforts
- Assisting sales in deep technical talks
- Guiding prospective customers on strategies for Kubernetes, DevOps, MLOps, AIOps, and cloud automation
- Helping to build the Pre-Sales Solution Engineering team
- Writing the occasional blog post about our relevant technologies
- Assisting in writing the occasional whitepaper about our relevant technologies
- Travel to customer locations as required
- Travel to various shows as required
- Feedback of customer needs, desires, and conversations to product management, developers, and leadership team
- Reporting metrics to sales management.
The best candidate will have all of the below items. It is a long list so if you are missing some, we will still consider you. If you are missing most of these, then we may not have a position for you today.
- Strong educational background with BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering or related area
- 5+ years’ experience as a presales technology person for a software company (this is probably a must-have requirement)
- If you have been an engineer or IT person at a company then that is a plus but definitely not a requirement.
- Conversational knowledge with DevOps (experience using DevOps is a big plus)
- Conversational knowledge with performance optimization, monitoring, log management, alerting based on Prometheus, EFK and similar tools. Once again, if you have experience with these tools, that is a plus
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes is required - you don't need to be an expert but the more experience the better. Conversational knowledge on these two technologies is not enough - we expect our salespeople to have conversational knowledge on these - you need to be deeper than a salesperson
- The more application development languages that you understand (you do not need to be a fantastic coder) the better
- Conversational knowledge with MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, and distributed storage technology
- Experience with Terraform, Chef, Ansible is a big plus. You may need to modify these scripts for a big demo
- You have an excellent command of written and spoken English
- You must be able to do a slide presentation in front people as well as over the web
- You must be able to do a demonstration in front of people and over the web
- ou are a team player who loves getting involved in all parts of sales, but be a self-starter that can work independently without a micro-manager helping you. We are a startup, we don't have time for people that cannot occasionally row the boat by themselves
- You have a passion for explaining technology to others, embracing every challenge with a drive to solve problems that our prospects are confronting.
- Willingness to travel (with all of the appropriate TSA-required legal stuff). Some weeks will be no travel while other weeks will have 1 or 2 nights. Weeks of big trade shows could be 4 nights. Extremely rare to travel over the weekend. There is the possibility of a little international travel so it is preferable to have a current passport.
- An absolute desire to learn something new almost every day. If you think you know everything and don't need to study new technologies, you might not like it here
- A desire to make a difference at a company. A desire to not be a number. A desire to have your work email address be your first name or a nickname.
We offer a competitive base salary with stock options and great benefits:
- Friendly workplace, great team, energy, passion, and mission of a startup
- Health insurance, flexible time off, and paid company holidays
- We work hard, innovate constantly, and we have fun in the process
Send an email to email@example.com with your resume and a custom cover letter that includes information about your salary requirements.
Agile Stacks is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, disability, or veteran status.